Do you want to join the Staff Team?

LaughingButterCup

Butter
Staff member
Manager
Trainer
Do you want to join the Staff Team?

If you're reading this then you either have a interest in joining the staff team and/or just want more information about it like what's expected from being part of the staff team, what's included and any benefits for being staff. I am making this guide to go over everything that comes with staff like going into detail about what a Helper, Mod, Admin+ does as well as what we expect from players being part of the staff team. Please be aware that being a member of staff is a voluntary position and as such you won't be paid for your activity within the staff team but there are are bonuses involved for your activity.

Helper ~ What's expected off them?
If you're new into the staff team, then this is where you'll start off. This is more seen as a trial period where depending on how you react with other staff, with players and overall your staff duties you can either be promoted to Mod, removed from staff or remain as Helper if we can still see potential from you. There are two main sides you'll be dealing with when it comes to Helper which is In-Game and Discord Tickets.

In-Game

When you're in-game as a Helper you will be there to look out for all the players on the server, be there to answer questions that players may have, welcoming new players into the server as well as potentially punishing/forwarding players on the server if they're actively breaking rules on the server. Helper does come with a few basic commands on the server like the ability to warn, temp mute, kick and so on. These are only to be used if applicable for the situation as there is guidelines to staffing and punishments being issued out to players so we ain't just randomly dishing out different lengths of punishments to players.

Ultimately with Staff you are no longer allowed to go AFK meaning if you need to leave, even for a few minutes, then you will have to leave the server until you're able to join back. A Helper needs to be there at all times in case players have questions and/or player(s) are actively breaking rules.

Discord Tickets

The other side of being a Helper revolves around handling tickets, being there to answer new tickets that open up, renaming them and pushing them to corresponding sections for staff to deal with as well as potentially dealing with few tickets on your own like when it comes to answering questions or punishing players for minor chat offenses. Alongside this, you'll also be there to answer questions players may have within #general or #support-chat as part of your duties.

Mod ~ What's expected off them?
If you work your way up to Moderator from Helper, then you'll gain more perms on the server as well as more responsibilities for you to deal with. You will still be expected to deal with any responsibilities that a Helper does especially if no Helper is online at the time. The main new responsibilities you'll be handling on the server will be dealing with claim/grief/inappropriate build issues on the server as well as helping out with ban appeals on the forums.

Claim/Grief/Inappropriate Build Issues

There will be tickets open from players going over claim issues like potential griefing issues, dealing with inappropriate builds/signs on the server or overall if players are just having issues with their claims in general. You will gain the ability to check over block logs so you're able to easily see who placed/stole/removed items on the server, recover items if they have been stolen and as a result are able to punish the players on the server. With Mod you will gain the ability to Temp Ban players if the player is warranted for it as well as the ability to teleport to coordinates to make it as easier as we can for you.

Ban Appeals

The other side you'll be dealing with now is Ban Appeals on the forums. Any unanswered appeal that is created you'll have access to viewing and dealing with. Ultimately with Mod you will need a Admin+ to handle any appeal just to confirm if your outcome for it is fair and accurate as well as them to be able to unban/unmute the player accordingly if their appeal has been accepted. You'll be shown what exactly we expect from Ban Appeals as there is a few main factors that comes to accepting players appeals.

Admin ~ What's expected from them?
If you work your way all the way up to Admin, then you'll gain a lot more responsibilities on the server as well as access to a lot more commands on the server. Similar to Mod, you'll be expected to still handle all Helper/Mod responsibilities if no staff are online and/or we're low on staff with the likes of tickets stacking up. There is a lot more trust given to you from Senior members of staff as we will expect a lot more from you, and abusing any commands you have been given may result in removal or punishments being issued as a result.

Ban Appeals and Staff Applications

Now with Ban Appeals you will no longer need to get permission before you accept or deny an appeal on the server as well as you having the ability to unban or unmute players if needed. Alongside this, you will have chances to helping out within interviews for players on the server with a Head Admin+ as well as ability to give your thoughts on interviews already completed. We love to get Admins involved with interviews because not only does it help out with the interview process but it gives you skills in dealing with interviews which can help you out in future job roles in the future.

Cases and Refund Tickets

One of the main tickets we get on the server is dealing with Cases on the server in which are eggs or items that players never got due to full inventory and they can give out the case number to us in which we can then refund to them. There will be other types of tickets that you may end up having to refund players for like grief tickets if all the items can't be recovered, items lost/broke due to a bug that's been proven and so on.

Scam Tickets and Player Reports

Unfortunately a lot of players like to scam each other on the server so this is something else you will occasionally have to deal with. This will involved getting all the information about the trade, going through logs for confirmation, issuing out corresponding punishments to the players and returning Pokemon/Items/Money back to the player in question. Other player report tickets you may have to deal with involves Over/Underpricing, Lending for Gyms, Alting, Macro's and so on.

What do I need to join the staff team?

There are a few main things you need from you to join the staff team. The main things required are:
  • At least 24 hours worth of Playtime on the Server
  • You must have played on the server for longer than a week
  • You must have a Microphone (for the Interview)
  • You must have a Discord Account
  • No active/current Ban/Mute on the server
How do I join the Staff Team?

Step 1 ~ Opening the Application.

On the main forum page you'll see a option to Post thread... highlighted in Orange. You will want to click on that and then pick the Helper Applications option under the Applications section.

1727089260299.png

Step 2 ~ Filling out the Appeal

Next thing you will need to do is fill out your application. Please make sure that you are completing every section of this Application just so we have all the correct information. Once you have done this click the Submit option at the bottom of the application. Make sure to read over the Terms and Conditions before submitting your application to be dealt with.

1727091592624.png

*NOTE* -
For the last three questions of the Application we do require at least 100 words minimum for us to be able to consider you further for the staff team. This does not have to be bang on as if you're a couple words short we might let you off but if you ain't close then the chances of you being accepted are low.

Step 3 ~ Wait.

You will now have your application live, and a member of staff will check over it over the next couple days. You should get a response within a weeks time of your application being created and a email should be sent to you when this is the case. If your application has been accepted you will get a response from a staff member to discuss a good time and day to do a interview with you as well as more information if needed. If your application has been denied you will have a reason for why this is the case at the bottom of the application in which it can be reflected in a new application.

Frequently Asked Questions [FAQ]

Q ~ I was recently banned/muted but I want to be staff, when can I make an application?
A ~
If you are currently banned or muted on either Discord or the Server then you will have to appeal it and have it accepted before we're able to consider you for staff. You will then have to wait 2 months from your last ban/mute for us to be able to consider you further.

Q ~ What do we get for being part of the staff team? Is it just voluntary?
A ~
Ultimately yes being part of the staff team is voluntary so you will not be paid any money or gems for the position. We do have some minor giveaways for staff to say thank you for being part of the team especially if active with duties, but no consistent payment is given to staff.

Q ~ Can I still play on the server normally or will I have to staff at all times on the server?
A ~
You are still free to play on the server as you usually would regardless on what rank you are in the staff team. The only things that will be different with you being staff is that you can't AFK on the server, you can't ignore players especially if they need help, you might have to drop what you're doing to deal with a situation in Discord or in-game and just be there to answer questions that players have in-game as well as welcoming new players into the server.

Q ~ Will I lose my donor rank if I join the staff team?
A ~
No you will not lose your donor rank, however it won't state what donor rank you are in the server as your staff position will be what's stated otherwise which is reflected in the tab in-game and the member list in discord. All your permissions including kits will remain the same regardless of your staff rank.

Q ~ Am I able to apply as a Builder/Artist/Developer?
A ~
Yes you are free to apply to be a Builder/Artist/Developer but you'll need to make a ticket within our Discord Server as there is a different process for this application and you'll likely be needed to provide a portfolio of your previous work.

Q ~ Do I have to work with other people in the staff team, or can I work alone?
A ~
Ultimately being part of the staff team, and as a result we want all staff to be able to work well together and be able to get along. We won't force you to be friends with someone if you don't want to, but at the very least we will expect you to be able to be civil and work together if the situation comes up. We do host staff only nights where we might play games, watch a movie or the occasional pub quiz so that we can get staff talking and getting on with each other.

Q ~ I want to join the staff team but I do not have a Discord account, am I able to join?
A ~
No you will not be able to be part of the staff team if you do not have a discord account. Our main form of communication will be dealt with on Discord including the likes of your interview so having a Discord account is essential.

Q ~ My playtime is below 24 hours and/or I am below the age of 16. Is there still a chance I can be part of the staff team?
A ~
You will have to be at least 16 years old with 24 hours worth of playtime on the server and you have been playing on the server for at least a week for us to be able to consider you for the staff team. There is no way around this, so if you don't tick one or all of the boxes stated above then your application will be denied.

Q ~ My application keeps getting denied. What am I doing wrong? How many more chances do I get?
A ~
If your application has been denied then there will be a response given to this Application letting you know exactly why this is the case and depending on what's been stated to you, this can be reflected in a new application until you get it right as there is no limit to how many applications you can create.

This guide is here to be tweaked if needs be. If you have anymore FAQ's that should be added either contact me directly or respond with them in there and I can add them to the guide!