The chat filter is entirely too strict, for a few reasons.

Croncodile

Trainer
I'm relatively new to the server but the chat filter seems so so so excessive to me. This is a small thing but its annoying to send a completely normal message that you then have to go and edit

1. I feel like whoever made the rules does not know what PG-13 means, considering the word 'crap' is censored. I'd even understand sh**, but 'crap'? That is an insult most people grow out of in the sixth grade. Anyone using it is mainly just expressing displeasure with something, and at that point it's no different than saying 'This is bad'.

2. "You can't send too many large messages!" This gets prompted by literally eeeeeverything. Including 'eeeeeverything'! Just today I asked if anyone had a 'wholeeee bunch of dirt'. Just a lot of dirt. But apparently FOUR WHOLE E'S (gasp) is way too many!

3. You literally cannot emphasize things in that. Caps have been used to emphasize things since... forever. Yet I can't capitalize a single word without the game deciding that I'm a dangerous lunatic screaming my head off in the chat. For example, today I said "My suggestion is just carry a water bucket and drop yourself and MLG". The filter decided that it simply could not allow that many capital letters!

Anyways, none of this is that big a deal, just my two cents on the chat filter, but it's just so needlessly bothersome. I'm sure there's even more ridiculous things involving it but this is all that I've seen so far, and I've only been playing for a couple of days.

Last edited:
We have the chat filter in place due to it being a PG-13 server, we've added to it depending on what reports we have got from players and parents and just what we have seen ourselves.

For the first point, reason for that word being censored is due to the fact it is classed as a swear word, even if it's only mild compared to others, hence why we have filtered it out. It used to be allowed but players were actively saying it frequently, and ultimately we got reports about it.

For the other two reasons, well reason why we have caps on both of them is due to the fact if we didn't, then people would be chat spamming constantly. We used to never have any Caps lock or Large Messages, and we would have to be constantly punishing players for abusing it and creating spam within the chat disrupting other players gameplay. It's best for everyone involved if we have caps on them to limit the amount people are able to spam in the server.

None of these are really going to change, we will be adding new stuff to the filter as we go along since players will find new ways to get around the filter and 'attack' each other. While we would love to give players freedom with how they want to play and chat, it's the few that ruin it for the majority.

Then I would just suggest altering what the rules say to reflect this- if the word crap is not going to be allowed, it is not PG-13. Being PG-13 means it can have pretty serious violence, brief strong language, slight nudity, and drug use. Even children's shows have said crap in them before. I'm not going to go around and test it but I'd assume sexual words are also banned.

You're comparing shows to a server. Using word like crap in a server isn't PG-13 because there's no cap to how much people can use it compared to a piece of media where they'll have to limit the amount of times they use words like that. No swears are allowed on the server, so crap falls into that whether you agree with that statement or not.

Alright, but just for the record there's no limit to how many times you can say the words 'crap', 'damn', etc. in PG-13 films and television shows, They limit their usage of s*** and are allowed one F-Bomb but they do not have to limit themselves on lesser swear words.

Most people in the games are above 18 or curse and use language anyway a censor really isn't needed unless it involves slurs, hate speech, or stuff like that

I'm relatively new to the server but the chat filter seems so so so excessive to me. This is a small thing but its annoying to send a completely normal message that you then have to go and edit

1. I feel like whoever made the rules does not know what PG-13 means, considering the word 'crap' is censored. I'd even understand sh**, but 'crap'? That is an insult most people grow out of in the sixth grade. Anyone using it is mainly just expressing displeasure with something, and at that point it's no different than saying 'This is bad'.

2. "You can't send too many large messages!" This gets prompted by literally eeeeeverything. Including 'eeeeeverything'! Just today I asked if anyone had a 'wholeeee bunch of dirt'. Just a lot of dirt. But apparently FOUR WHOLE E'S (gasp) is way too many!

3. You literally cannot emphasize things in that. Caps have been used to emphasize things since... forever. Yet I can't capitalize a single word without the game deciding that I'm a dangerous lunatic screaming my head off in the chat. For example, today I said "My suggestion is just carry a water bucket and drop yourself and MLG". The filter decided that it simply could not allow that many capital letters!

Anyways, none of this is that big a deal, just my two cents on the chat filter, but it's just so needlessly bothersome. I'm sure there's even more ridiculous things involving it but this is all that I've seen so far, and I've only been playing for a couple of days.
I only agree with the second point, because punctuation is a pain: let me explain. I regularly write Pokemon names (e.g. Dragapult, Garchomp etc.) with the first being captial, but it then makes them ALL short, which just makes me come off as kind of...not proper sounding. I'm glad you said it only with a grain of salt, but my guy, you gotta do what you gotta do, because people will adapt somehow and I'm VERY sure, the admins don't want us calling eachother poopyhead, frickhead etc.: childish(I mean 8-10 yr old) insults.

Bruh hell isnt even censored soo like why bother with it like why not add a command that will censor the words if you type the command so the people who arent mad about cussin and violence get what they wasnt and the PG-13 ones dont get offended