A Complete Overview of Resets on Pixelmon Realms

LaughingButterCup

Butter
Staff member
Manager
Trainer
A Complete Overview of Resets on Pixelmon Realms

This is a complete overview of everything that comes with resets that happens on Pixelmon Realms. In this overview I will be going over what actually a reset is, what comes with resets on the server, why we have resets on the server in the first place and other general FAQ's that players have regarding resets on the server.

What is a Reset?

A reset is when the server going through a complete wipe in which all builds, any pokemon players have, pokecoins you may have plus more are completely wiped and then when players join back after the reset happens all players will have to re-pick their starter on the server as everyone will be reset back to square one. Resets are unavoidable, and we typically have resets every 8 to 12 months depending a few factors.

Last Reset : 1st April 2024

How and when are resets announced?

Resets will be announced a day prior it officially happening via our Discord Server as well as in-game announcements letting players know about the upcoming reset.
Once the server is shut down, it will be down for a period of 2 hours before it's reopened for players to join back. The main reason why we only announce resets a day prior is due to the fact anything beyond a day is not really needed given players will immediately give up playing properly on the server with some players quitting to wait for the reset, while other players will just be in the server to cause havoc and not take anything seriously since there is nothing to lose or gain from this period.

Resets will be announced within the #announcement channel in our Discord server in which all players will be @ into it.

Why have Resets in the first place?

Resets as I stated before are unavoidable for numerous amount of factors on the server and this is something that'll happen with most servers like ours as not only for server growth, but player interested are some of the main reasons we have no choice but to do a reset. Some of the main reasons why we reset include (but not limited to):

Pixelmon Updates

Sometimes Pixelmon Reforged updates forces us to reset the server due to a few reasons like a major gameplay change added, or just Pixelmon jumping from one Minecraft version to another (i.e. 1.12.2 to 1.16.5). For the most part this isn't a big factor as most major updates can be implemented without the need of a reset, but ultimately it will be a factor depending on some major additions.

Server Economy and Player Interest

Another main factor when it comes to resets is the state on the economy for each of the realms. Obviously the longer we have a reset open for, the amount of Legends/Shinies/Pokecoins playes will have increases to the point where a lot of players get lose interest because they will have everything, and anything is fairly easy to get now that so many players have access to it. If there is so much of a certain high demand legend on the server, due to supply and demand ultimately the price will drop due to people just trying to get rid of it. This is a factor to multiple different parts of the server, and so many players leave the server and wait for a reset because they've done and got all they can. We try and update the Price List to reflect player economy pattens on the server but there is only so much we're able to do.

Plus we do listen to players on the server who repeatedly ask us about us resetting the server, or just general when the next one will be as they don't want to play right now due to a potential reset coming up or just want to know when the reset is happening because they've done all they can do.

The Overworld Map

Ultimately one of the main factors that come into play when it comes to resets are the overworld map. Unsurprisingly the longer we go in a reset, the overworld is going to get more and more cluttered with builds, resources and dungeons being looted and overall just areas just being ruined as a result. We're only able to make the server map so big for players to help maintain stability in terms of performance especially when it comes to the amount of entities on the map. This is a main factor that comes into play with most servers that resets and ultimately we are no different in that aspect.

There are other factors that come into play when it comes to resets happening on the server, but overall they are some of the main points that come into play when we decide on resetting the server or not.

What will be wiped with Resets?

A good portion of stuff will ultimately we wiped on the server due to the nature of a reset, however there is a few things that will transfer over into new resets.

What's Reset?

• Server Map (Inc Builds and Claims)
  • Pokemon (Party and PC)
  • Pokecoins and Tokens
  • Warzone Elo
  • Claim Blocks
  • Inventories, Backpacks and Ender Chests
  • GTS and UM
  • Pokedex Percentage
What's not Reset?
  • Ranks (excluding One Time Items)
  • Cosmetics Unlocked
  • Remaining Gems Balance
  • /store Purchases if made within a Month of the most recent reset (I.e. Any purchases made 1st March 2024 to 1st April 2024 will be automatically given to you again in the newest reset.)
  • Anything left within the Reset Vault
  • Battlepass Progress
  • Leaderboard Progress

Frequently Asked Questions [FAQ]

Q ~ I bought a Key 3 months prior the server resetting. Am I able to reclaim it in the new reset?
A ~
Ultimately you will not be able to reclaim any purchases that were made 1 month and beyond a reset from happening. If you bought it within the month of the reset happening, then you will automatically be given that key back between 3-5 days after the reset occurring.

Q ~ I did not know about Resets happening. Can I get a refund for my purchase?
A ~
All purchases made on the store are final regardless if you knew about the reset or not due to the nature of the purchase and the terms when buying gems on the store.

Q ~ I have Ultra on Ruby, but all my friends are moving to Emerald in the new reset. Can I move my rank over from Ruby to Emerald?
A ~
We do not offer rank transfers on the server I am afraid, if you want a rank on Emerald then you will have to buy the rank on there again as purchases are realm specific. This also applies from moving a rank from one account to another.

Q ~ Is there any way for me to save my builds on the server? I have spent so much time and resources on it!
A ~
You are able to save your build in schematica or any similar mods since we allow the use of it on the server. You are then able to post it in the new reset but unfortunately you will have to put in all the blocks again yourself as these will not be refunded to you alongside any claim blocks you used to have.

Q ~ What is the Reset Vault? How am I able to use it?
A ~
The reset vault is a way for players to same items they want to keep within the new reset. These are extremely rare and in-demand for a lot of players as the only way you can obtain them is via Monthly Crates alongside as a reward for 95% Pokedex completion. You are able to store any items in them but you will be limited to 5 slots and this is realm specific. You're able to store Pokemon in there if you have the right item for it 👀

Q ~ I got punished for Griefing in the previous Reset. Is my punishments record wiped in future resets?
A ~
Any punishments given to you, whether it be from last week or 5 years, are still stand and will be reflected on future punishments being issued out to you if you go ahead and keep breaking rules on the server. There is no way to have any punishments removed from your record.

Q ~ Am I able to pick my Legend of Choice that came with my Mythic Rank again?
A ~
One Time Items (I.e. Pokecoins, Claim Blocks, Pokemon of Choice, Item of Choice etc) are not redeemable again given the name of them. Once you have claimed it in the current reset, you will not be able to claim it again in future resets. If you bought and claimed then within a month of the reset happening then all your choices will be refunded to you in the next reset.

This guide is here to be tweaked if needs be. If you have anymore FAQ's that should be added either contact me directly or respond with them in there and I can add them to the guide!